Positive-Energy Construction (BE+)
The specialist Master’s degree in « Positive-Energy Construction » is accredited by the French Institute of Graduate Schools and is ranked among the top-ten best Master’s and specialist Master’s degrees in renewable energy (SMBG rankings).
IMT Mines Albi and IMT Lille Douai are co-accredited for the specialist Master’s degree in « Positive-Energy Construction » by the French Institute of Graduate Schools (CGE).
The chosen studying place is to be precised on the application form.
Provide the keys and tools for students to meet needs and requirements to implement recommendations issued by the Grenelle Environment Forum, in relation to buildings from a heat and energy standpoint.
The programme comprises 508 hours of tuition, including theory-based, practical learning and research for a multi-disciplinary scientific and technical project.
High-level, expert guest lecturers from the business world present two-thirds of the study programme.
Theory-based and practical tuition is split into 4 course units (UE):
UE 1 Bioclimatic architecture, thermal comfort and the environment:
- Bioclimatic architecture
- Comfort and heat radiation
- Indoor air quality
- Eco-design and sustainable materials
- Life-cycle analysis (LCA)
- Construction acoustics
UE 2 Physical properties and dynamic thermal modelling of building envelopes:
- Thermal behaviour of buildings
- Modelling, methods and tools, TDS and RT 2012 energy performance standards
- Combining building envelope thermal properties with energy systems
- Passive buildings and permeability
UE 3 Energy systems, including passive and active renewable energy:
- Energy efficiency in low-energy buildings
- Retro-fitting buildings
- Building envelopes and inertia
- Passive renewable energy
UE 4 Monitoring, visits and analysis:
- Conferences: the role of the architect, timber construction, etc.
- Visits: eco-neighbourhoods in Freiburg, Beckerich, Building energy efficiency convention, Cardonnel open-days), etc.
Scientific and technical project – 124 hours
- Jointly tutored by industry professionals and teacher-researchers from IMT Lille Douai Industrial Energy Department
The course prepares students for the specialist occupation of « Construction Heating and Energy Engineer », with the following skills:
- Knowledge of thermal regulations and new developments
- A bioclimatic approach to building envelope design
- A sustainable development process by life-cycle analysis and use of eco-materials
- Dynamic thermal modelling in construction
- Optimising energy systems to needs
- Incorporating active and passive renewable energy systems
- Knowledge on renovation procedures
After completing the specialist Master’s degree in « Positive-Energy Construction », graduates perform various tasks with high-levels of responsibility in R&D, research and design, project management and construction site monitoring:
- Director of Research
- Technical Directors
- Senior Project Managers
Applicants must hold:
- A postgraduate engineering degree authorised by the CTI (Master’s degree level)
- 2-year university Master’s degrees (French M2 level)
- 1-year university Master’s degree (French M1 level), or a 1-year Master’s degree and three years professional experience
- Equivalent international degrees (5 years high education studies)
Admissions selection schedule
1st session => June, 1st
2nd session => September, 1st
Full-time students: €6,500 incl. VAT
Vocational training students: €12,500 incl. VAT
Application fee: €60 incl. VAT
(this form enable to study at IMT Mines Albi and IMT Lille Douai)
Please send this application form to:
then by mail at
IMT Lille Douai
Site de Douai
Direction des Etudes et de la Formation
Pôle Professionnalisation et Développement
941 rue Charles BOURSEUL
CS 10838 – 59508 DOUAI cedex
Tel. +33 327 71 20 29